Mandarin Plus is proven Singapore leading Youth Chinese language learning centre recommended by many parents. We are dedicated on providing high quality Chinese tuitions for our youth learners. We are using tuition syllabus base on TCSL for non-Chinese speakers while using syllabus base on Singapore MOE or China MOE for native speakers. Our students are from international schools or local government schools. Our teachers have certified credentials and obtain at least 5 years teaching experience in teaching Chinese as a second international language or mother tongue for teen and kids.
Since students are from different schools, all the courses will be categorized into Proficiency level of learning.
Standard Kids Chinese Course
This course is using syllabus of international Chinese test system which is widely used in international schools in the world. It was customized for non-Chinese speakers to build their foundation of Chinese language by Hanban China. The learning content and paces are scientific and easy to grab.
Our experienced tutors not only explain Chinese language knowledge but also help students to foster their own skills of learn Chinese language that always keep their learning in a precise and effective manner. Our YCT for kids 6-12yo and HSK for kids above 8yo tuition course corresponds to the International YCT & HSK Examination of the Confucius Institute of the Chinese Ministry of Education. To obtain the YCT or HSK certificates is now more and more popular among foreigners. HSK Certificate could be used for applying to university as a reference of Chinese language learning.
Mandarin Plus brings in the simplest and more fun way to learn Mandarin with Chinese tuitions and native speaker private tutors for kids in Singapore. Our incorporate engaging methods and effective curricular subjects that suited varieties of student levels.
What is Youth Chinese Test (YCT)
The new YCT test was launched by Hanban in an effort to encourage foreign young students to learn Chinese and improve their Chinese language proficiency. As part of this effort, since 2004 Hanban has organized experts from different disciplines such as Chinese language teaching, linguistics, psychology and educational measurement to work on the program, conducting surveys in order to understand the latest trends in overseas Chinese language teaching and learning.
What are the learning objectives for each level(YCT)?
- Test takers who have passed YCT Level I are able to understand and use commonly used Chinese words and sentences, and able to pursue further study of Chinese.
- Test takers who have passed YCT Level II are able to understand and use some simple Chinese words and sentences, and are able to meet communication demands in specific situations.
- Test takers who have passed YCT Level III are able to use Chinese to conduct simple and direct communication on daily topics they are familiar with and meet the excellence level for Chinese beginners.
- Test takers who have passed YCT Level IV are able to use Chinese to accomplish basic communication tasks in life and study. When travelling in China, they can handle most the communication tasks they encounter.
Chinese Proficiency Test – Hanyu Shuiping Kaoshi (HSK)
The new HSK test was launched by Hanban in an effort to better serve Chinese language learners. The test is the result of coordinated efforts by the experts from different disciplines including Chinese language teaching, linguistics, psychology and educational measurement. The new exam combines the advantages of the original HSK while taking into consideration the recent trends in Chinese language training by conducting surveys and making use of the latest findings in international language testing.
HSK Test Structure
The new HSK is an international standardized exam that tests and rates Chinese language proficiency. It assesses non-native Chinese speakers’ abilities in using the Chinese language in their daily, academic and professional lives. The new HSK consists of a writing test and a speaking test, which are independent of each other. There are six levels of writing tests, namely the HSK (level I), HSK (level II), HSK (level III), HSK (level IV), HSK (level V), and HSK (level VI). There are three levels of speaking tests, namely the HSK (beginner level), HSK (intermediate level), and HSK (advanced level). During the speaking test, test takers’ speeches will be recorded.
What are the learning objectives for each level (HSK)?
- Beginner Level 1 (HSK 1) — can understand and use very simple Chinese words and phrases, meet basic needs for communication and possess the ability to further their Chinese language studies.
- Beginner Level 2 (HSK 2)– have an excellent grasp of basic Chinese and can communicate in simple and routine tasks requiring a simple and direct exchange of information on familiar and routine matters.
- Intermediate Level 1 (HSK 3)– can communicate in Chinese at a basic level in their daily lives; and use it in their academic and professional career. They can manage most communication in Chinese when travel in China.
- Intermediate Level 2 (HSK 4)– can converse in Chinese on a wide range of topics and are able to communicate fluently with native Chinese speakers.
- Advanced Level 1 (HSK 5)– can read Chinese newspapers and magazines, enjoy Chinese films and plays, and give a full-length speech in Chinese.
- Advanced Level 2 (HSK 6)– can easily comprehend written and spoken information in Chinese and can effectively express themselves in Chinese, both orally and on paper.
|COURSE||COURSE FEE||GROUP SIZE||SCHEDULE||TIMING||FREQUENT|
|YCT I||$450/15hrs||Max 4Pax||Every Tuesday||5-6:30||Once a week|
|YCT II||$450/15hrs||Max 4Pax||Every Thursday||5-6:30||Once a week|
|YCT III||$450/15hrs||Max 4Pax||Every Friday||5-6:30||Once a week|
|YCT IV||$450/15hrs||Max 4Pax||Every Saturday||1-2:30||Once a week|